High-Efficiency HEF® & Green
-86°C Ultra-Low Temperature Freezers
The Most Energy-Efficient, Eco-Friendly Freezers Anywhere
New Brunswick developed the industry's first hydrocarbon-based laboratory freezers, setting a new benchmark in energy savings and eco-friendly design. Today, we continue to set new standards with our HEF and Green lab freezers, the most energy-efficient ultra-low temperature freezers on the market.*
New HEF High Efficiency Freezers
HEF freezers minimize operating costs while providing superior protection for your critical samples. They reduce energy consumption by up to 59% when compared to competitive models.
HEF freezers provide all of the features of New Brunswick Premium models and more:
- Vacuum insulation panels combined with traditional polyurethane foam form a 130 mm thick layer of insulation for exceptional energy efficiency
- A high-efficiency, low-noise condenser fan and compressor system maximizes energy efficiency
- 50 Hz HEF models† use environmentally-safe hydrocarbon-based refrigerants to further reduce energy consumption by 10%
More Features & Benefits of HEF & Green Lab Freezers
Click below for details.
Multiple Options & Accessories
- Every NBS freezer is also equipped with unique S.M.A.R.T. Plus™ diagnostic software to help quickly identify the cause of a fault or setpoint variance. Easily accessed through the front control panel, S.M.A.R.T. (Systems Monitoring and Reporting Technology), can be used to identify and correct problems, often over the phone at no charge, with the aid of our trained service technicians. S.M.A.R.T. Plus not only eliminates unnecessary service calls, but provides advance diagnosis, so should an on-site repair become necessary, the service engineer arrives at your facility with the components needed to complete the repair
- Compressor and biodegradable gasses are commercially available, for ready replacement, anywhere in the world
- NBS freezers conform to European WEEE Directives affecting disposal
- NBS freezers are backed by one of the largest service organizations, comprised of in-house technicians, field engineers, and factory-authorized service centers in your local area
HEF & Green Freezer Models
Select a model below for freezer specifications and more.
* Based on comparison of competitive energy usage published through September 1, 2011.
† Not available in the United States.