More Design Advantages Inherent
In Innova Shakers
- Precise Regulation of Speed, Running Time, Incubation, Refrigeration and Humidity is provided by microprocessor control with self-correcting PI feedback.
- Additionally, Innova 40, 42, 43 & 44 Series Models Feature Programmable Changes to Multiple Parameters on a Timed Basis. Programs may be stored for repeat usage. An RS-232 interface allows remote changes to setpoints using standard laboratory software.
- NBS Shakers Are the Quietest Running In the Industry, providing a more favorable work environment.
- Temperature is Precisely Regulated ± 0.1°C from 30° - 40°C in incubated models.
- Wide Speed Range Provides Versatility for Culturing Shear-Sensitive Mammalian Cells as well as Robust Bacterial Cultures. Speed controlled within ± 1 rpm.
- Timed Studies Can Be Programmed for Automatic Agitation Shut-Off. End-of-study alarm and status light can be deactivated for continuous operation.
- A Wide Range of Interchangeable Accessory Platforms accommodate all your glassware. When using a single flask size, Dedicated Platforms provide maximum capacity, and come with clamps installed. Universal Platforms let you mix different-sized clamps and test tube racks for added versatility.
- User-Friendly Controls simplify entering setpoints and viewing current status. Display is clearly visible from all angles, across the room, and in the dark.
- Audible and Visible Alarms indicate setpoint deviations. Audible alarm can be muted.
- Output Signal for Data Logging. RS-232 port in Innova 40, 42, 43 & 44 Series models allows data logging using standard laboratory software. 0 - 5 V output signal in Innova 3100 is provided for recording temperature and speed.
- Cool-Running Brushless Motors Never Require Lubrication, and provide years of long life.
- Electronics & Mechanical Components Are Enclosed, Protected From Accidental Spills.
- Acceleration - deceleration circuit prevents sudden starts and stops. Minimizes mechanical damage for longer shaker life; and eliminates wetting of flask closures which would otherwise interfere with oxygen transfer
- Unique out-of-balance sensor stops agitation when excess vibration is detected. Models 42/42R and 44/44R
- Open door or open lid cutout switch stops agitation when chamber is open*
- Thermostat fail-safe shuts off heaters if high limit is exceeded*
- Automatic restart after power interrupt with non-volatile memory keeps studies running smoothly* Temperature-controlled models only
NBS' often-imitated but never duplicated heavy-duty, counterbalanced Triple-Eccentric Drive ensures uniform motion is imparted to every flask, regardless of position on the platform. Heavy-duty construction allows us to guarantee that our shakers will perform to our specifications, even when fully loaded and operating at top speed.
Why are Innova Shakers So Reliable?
Dependable operation is due in large part to the NBS Triple-Eccentric Counterbalanced Drive. Other shaker manufacturers may offer triple-eccentric drives in their shakers. But only NBS offers a broad-based cast-iron support mechanism - the most stable in the industry - properly sized to each shaker, and specifically designed to support high-speed applications and heavy workloads.
- Components are fabricated to exacting specifications. Drive shafts, for example, are machined to tolerances of .0002", ensuring stable, vibration-free operation, even when operated at speeds up to 500 rpm.
- With the highest-quality materials, superior design and precision fabrication, we guarantee our shakers will provide worry-free operation for many years to come.